Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Disastrous Reopening of the Cantab Lounge: Mr. and Mrs. Tim Dibble's Self-Centered Purchased Has Damaged The Music Community

A Report from Joe Viglione

 

      A colleague of mine from out of state questioned the opening of a nightclub during the COVID crisis.   A dicey proposition, for sure.

      Smart business people need to assess a situation before jumping in to a hostile world of medical uncertainty.

       The Dibbles failed to do that, especially with a highly suspicious staff that exhibited little or no experience with the entertainment industry.

        Add an egotistical and inexperienced bar manager in Kylie Connors and you have a massive prescription for failure.  

        This veteran of the club scene submits that a great injustice was exacted on our community all for Tim Dibble's sensitive ego.  

        Exhibit A is the COVID outbreak at the club immediately on the weekend after the long-delayed grand opening.

        Dibble's questionable choice of a General Manager in Michael Cronin is the first place the public needs to look for that I consider the failure of the lounge to be as successful as it could be.

        Cronin's ego needs to be reined in.  He brags about working at Bill's Bar, but in what capacity?  His exploits at the new Cantab indicate he was probably below the janitor position at Bill's Bar! The Cronin actions that I witnessed, beyond his weakness as a manager,  was a totally hostile work environment that would make Vladmir Putin green with envy.

   Add to Cronin's crazy outbursts, of which there were many, cancellations, artists feeling bullied, and a failure to promote the artists the club has a fiduciary obligation to work with, not against, and you see why the club has been empty on many a night.   

     You can't trust Cronin's Jekyll and Hyde routine and the lunacy of bar manager Kylie Connors.  It's a toxic mix that has the community reeling from the unfulfilled promises the Dibbles put out there: first and foremost to be a good neighbor to Central Square.

 

    As the Chicken Slacks had to stand on stage for an hour on December 16, 2021, Cronin was defaming iconic local figure Mickey Bliss to a large crowd in the back of the club.  Immaturely, and unprofessionally, yelling "I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR MICKEY BLISS TO LEARN HOW TO WORK THE (INAPPROPRIATE)P.A. SYSTEM (Cronin spent 15k allegedly on a super P.A. for a 140 seat room.  Ridiculous! and what a waste of funds and resources) I asked myself "Why didn't Cronin and egotistical bar manager Kylie Connors sit in on the education so that you had people on back-up!  Cronin would scream and yell and blackmail me over my job on the phone until he got what he wanted.   It was extortion and it was wrong.  It will be dealt with in a legal forum, and soon.


    Cronin is a maniac, unfit for duty, and Dibble can't re-hire me until Connors and Cronin are fired.   They hurt the community that this online website helps.   Mickey told me that Cronin laid me off (I call it FIRED for not taking Cronin's constant harassment and abuse,) I think the guy had a crush on me from his behavior.  What boss tells you "I love you, Joe" on the phone, then yells and screams at you, then walks up to you to tell you "You look like a million bucks."  Wow, how nice.  I think of myself as some old dude pushing 70, but if that's what Cronin is into, file under alleged sexual harassment on the job!


I'd love me too for my sterling promotion selling the first night out.  But when a manager told me to be silent about the COVID outbreak on the 17th, 18th right up to New Year's Eve, yikes, how is that being a "good neighbor," to Central Square, Mr. Dibble.   All the hypocrisy will be coming out in another forum; I might need a bodyguard given Kylie Connors penchant for embracing her inner Glenn Close...as in, Fatal Attraction.  The rock and roll community doesn't need or deserve the lunacy from Mr. and Mrs Dibble wanting to play nightclub owners.



TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment

TALITHA JAE on Radio What, KB Radio, Joe Viglione on Frank Rossano's Ultimate Radio, Amazing Radio, Phil daRosa and Jourdan on WBCA Wesrok on BTD Radio

  Butterflies and Anxiety #TalithaJae @Talithajae  "I really liked the song and thought it has good crossover appeal, so will be ad...