Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The First Time I Met Steven Tyler

 

Joe Viglione signed legendary Johnny Thunders to New Rose Records in Paris, France, 1983


Today in Rock History: March 1, 1973 (49 years ago) I walked up to some dude who looked like Mick Jagger with a blonde on each arm (probably WBCN's Maxanne Sartori and Elyssa Perry) put my microphone in his face and said "Are the New York Dolls going to be signed to Rolling Stone Records?" He said "No." Probably still have the tape around somewhere....heck, I was 18 years of age going on 19 in two months, thought it was Mick Jagger. Drinking laws in Boston allowed those under 21 to attend concerts; laws changed around 1975 when I turned 21. The place was packed, K-K-Katy's in Kenmore Square. The New York Dolls rolled into Boston. In 1983, a decade later, I would sign Johnny Thunders to New Rose Records, Paris/France. At a party from one of Don Law's secretaries David Johansen, somewhat inebriated cornered me and told me that I would be the guy to "clean up" Johnny. Well, I opened for Johnny in Paradise and interviewed him for WERS Radio but...cleaning up Johnny? Heroin was Johnny Thunders' religion. 

K-K-K-Katy's, under the Citgo Sign


 Club was under Citgo sign

 

on Twitter

I first met Steve Tyler March 1, 1973 at a #NewYorkDolls show at K-K-K-Katy's https://clubbohemianews.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-first-time-i-met-steven-tyler.html @Aerosmith @BilliePerry #JohnnyThunders #JoePerry #MaxanneSartori #ElyssaPerry #KenmoreSquare #WBCN

 

 

11:12 PM #February 28 2022 #Tuesday #WarnerMusicGroup #BrendaPalacios #ARSupervisor #NewYorkNY www.wmg.com #UnitedStates #JoeViglioneMedia #SaltWaterSummers on Spotify @SpotifyUSA hear: https://open.spotify.com/album/5N4lAEEtEyceNplLwlrmUz?highlight=spotify:track:2exhJThfp2O4msRCGGLHJv #Pop #FilmMusic #MusicFilm #MusicSupervisors @WBHomeEnt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wesrok WBCA LonelyOak Radio, Australia's Audioscam

  Wesrok on #LonelyOakRadio Read review of Hummingbird https://btdradio.com/2024/03/25/btd-song-review-humming-bird-by-wesrok/ @BeyondDawn...