Sunday, March 20, 2022

Car Seat Headrest cover "Just What I Needed" 3:11 in. Check it out.

RIC OCASEK WASN'T AMUSED!   https://youtu.be/QKryC1MOa5I

 Go to 3:11 when they cover "Just What I Needed" in their "Not What I Needed." Here's the original "Not What I Needed" before it was re-written after censoring So Ocasek got angry over Car Seat Headrest taking the Ohio Express riff that Ocasek took! Wow....by this standard, before Harrison's publishing company obtained "He's So Fine," George should've sued The Chiffons.

 https://youtu.be/QKryC1MOa5I

 

Copyright Infringement: Car Seat Headrest’s Comedy Of Errors  https://www.mtv.com/news/2883543/car-seat-headrest-teens-of-denial-interview/

One week ago, Will Toledo had to rewrite a song to avoid breaking the law. It seems he had personally annoyed Ric Ocasek of The Cars, a brief cover of whose 1978 hit "Just What I Needed" used to bridge the gap between two tracks on Teens of Denial, the latest album from Toledo's project Car Seat Headrest, which is out online today. The sample was meant as a riff of sorts on the puzzlingly mundane name that Toledo has used for his music since 2010, when he was 17 and would record demos in the privacy of his parents' vehicle. "It was just a song I was listening to at the time,” Toledo tells me. "It was more or less a joke on my part: How far can we take it? How much of the song can we put into it?”

None, actually, owing to a communication breakdown somewhere in the sample-clearance process. But Toledo didn't mind: He completed a full rewrite of the song in 48 hours, just in time for Teens of Denial's digital release. The album's entire vinyl run had to be yanked from stores and physically destroyed, but hey, mistakes happen in rock and roll. (A repressed LP edition will arrive later this year.)

 

HERE'S THE RE-WRITE SO AS NOT TO PISS OFF RIC

"Not What I Needed" https://youtu.be/FOq8zTh4Sg4
 
"NOT WHAT I NEEDED," THE SONG Will Toledo wrote that upset Ric Ocasek
Released on: 2016-05-20
Associated Performer: Andrew Katz
Associated Performer: Ethan Ives
Associated Performer: Jon Maus
Engineer: Jose Diaz Rohena
Engineer: Steve Fisk
Mixer: Steve Fisk
Producer: Steve Fisk
Associated Performer: Will Toledo 
 

 all led me to this tune, "Something Soon," which ROCKS

https://youtu.be/WjnEkJa2Law

 

They are in Boston March 26 at The Winery  

No comments:

Post a Comment

TALITHA JAE on Radio What, KB Radio, Joe Viglione on Frank Rossano's Ultimate Radio, Amazing Radio, Phil daRosa and Jourdan on WBCA Wesrok on BTD Radio

  Butterflies and Anxiety #TalithaJae @Talithajae  "I really liked the song and thought it has good crossover appeal, so will be ad...