Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Happy Birthday July 13 2022 to Jo Jo Laine (She would be 71 had she lived)

 

Photo of Rod Stewart with Jo Jo Laine (C)1989, 2022 #JoeViglioneMedia which I snapped at the Four Seasons Hotel...was it 33 years ago, oh my God!





Jo Jo and Denny bought A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh house in the U.K. 


 Rod wrote "You Wear It Well" - the song - for Jo jo, and in her book he wrote "You wore it well then, Jo Jo, and you wear it well now."   

My fun night with Rod Stewart at Great Woods, the Four Seasons, and then Rod played soccer with Laine - Jo jo's son - on the Boston Common.  My business partner, the #1 DJ on the air on WZLX (he, Dale Dorman and Mark Parenteau kept fluctuating at #1, the Top 3 Afternoon Drive in the city in the day) announced Rod Stewart playing soccer....hope someone got video as I did not attend the day after.


I think they dated for two years; she met him probably when he was in the Jeff Beck Group prior to him becoming famous. That last line rings true: "since you've been gone..." Jo Jo Laine (born Joanne LaPatrie, Danvers, Massachusetts, July 13, 1952— London, October 29, 2006) was an American singer, model and actress, who married The Moody Blues founder ...I will post a Happy Birthday to her next Wednesday, she was two years older than me. Her life was a soap opera, I was honored to be part of it. Her father looked like John Forsyth from Charlie's Angels and (in visuals) on Dynasty. One of her brothers (not jay, the Karate expert in the song) shot her father ...he died nine months later. Jo Jo was devastated. Denny Laine was staying at my home with Helen Grant (daughter of Peter Grant, Led Zeppelin manager) and their little daughter in 1989 (Lucy, I believe.) Peter Grant phones the house. I said "I'll get Helen for you, but forgive me for being unprofessional, it is such an HONOR to speak with you." He was very polite and I got his daughter. Denny Laine (McCartney/Wings, Moody Blues) told me later "The brother's on the phone with me saying "no one will speak to me." Denny then said "I'm thinking to myself, "you shot your old man, of course no one is speaking to you." Pure soap opera, and as we entered Hollywood for the first time Jo Jo said "This is such a magical town" (1986.)  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Marcy Chin on the Beam FM Live / Jourdan #Money @WBCARadio

  Jourdan #Money see review https://btdradio.com/2023/11/25/btd-song-review-money-by-jourdan/ on @WBCARadio 102.9 fm Boston @zionrock @...