Revere’s Rick Pisano is ready to rock. The regional journeyman and his brother, Fred Pisano, have spent decades honing their craft before unleashing the debut disc, “Dawn Of A Waking Man.”

Revere’s Rick Pisano is ready to rock. The regional journeyman and his brother, Fred Pisano, have spent decades honing their craft before unleashing the debut disc, “Dawn Of A Waking Man.”

Where most artists jump into the musical pool before learning how to swim, the pair’s corporate entity — Brothers II Productions LLC — decided to take the slow and steady route. North Shore Sunday recently spoke with Pisano about the making of the release.

North Shore Sunday: Rick, when did you start writing this material?

Rick Pisano: I started writing the songs for “Dawn of a Waking Man” in June 2006. It all just started to flow. It was like I had a musical epiphany. After all the years of inactivity, it felt great to be back writing again.

NSS: When did you start the recording process?

RP: We started recording in late September 2006. It took a little over two years to complete this project. I was involved with every detail, but, it was a labor of love.

NSS: Had you performed any of this material live prior to recording?

RP: No. My concern then, was to make the best recording, utilizing the best material that I had. I am a perfectionist in the studio and a harsh judge of my own idea’s and material. I do not believe in using filler material on an album. I only want to give my best. I also did not have a band.

NSS: How did you settle on the musicians?

RP: I had initially called Joe [Laquidara, Malden studio owner] at Oak Grove Studios and we really hit it off as friends and musicians. I chose Joe and his studio because I felt confident they could help me obtain my vision for the material.

Joe played a number of instruments on the album and brought in other studio musicians who had affiliations with the studio. The studio also recommended back up vocalist Athene Wilson to me. I then arranged and produced the album very meticulously.

NSS: How did the House of Blues event happen — and, specifically, what is it?

RP: In mid-March, while acting as my own publicist, I finally tracked down the producers of the HOB (House Of Blues) Radio Hour. I called their office and spoke to one of the producers who was very gracious to me. We hit it off and I asked if I could mail my CD to them for consideration on the show.

About a week later, I got an e-mail stating that they thought it was a “great album” and that I would be the “Blues Breaker” for a show in April. A blues breaker is a breakout blues artist with the song of the week. Each artist appears on the main bluesmobile site and is played on the nationally syndicated show with over 120 or so affiliates nationwide.

NSS: Are you going to issue a single from the album to focus the radio stations?

RP: Yes, I have been primarily promoting “Ain’t No Such Thing as the Boston Blues” as the single. This is the song that was chosen by the producer of the nationally syndicated “Blues Deluxe” show (bluesdeluxe.com) with 102 affiliates that originates out of Texas with host Dave Johnson.

I was featured on this show on the week of April 12-18. I believe this is also the song that the producers of the House of Blues Radio Hour will utilize on the April 25-26 showcase.

However, I do feel that I have more than one song on the album that could be a single. For instance, I have a gospel song (“Good News for People Everywhere”) that I believe would do very well.

NSS: What did you think of WMWM (91.7 FM) at Salem State College on Sunday, April 19?

RP: I had a great time with Douglas Mascott on his show “Trax of the Town.” Doug is celebrating his 25th year on radio. He has done much for independent musicians in the metro Boston area. I also met with Bob Nelson (the Juke Joint) and we might get together soon to do his show also.

NSS: Will you be performing live on radio?

RP: As a blues /Rock artist, my music requires a band to perform it properly. I typically use many instruments on each song. However, I would very much like to get back to performing again.

To make the album, I utilized studio musicians along with myself on guitar. I am currently looking to put a band together to back up the album, which is generating much interest. Then, I would be very happy to perform on the radio.

For more about Rick Pisano and his music, log on at Rickpisano.com.